Easily pop on your Eastern hubguard in only a few steps.
TOOLS NEEDED: 2 – Crescent Wrenches and 1 – Outer Diameter Washer (2″)
1. Get your tools:
2 crescent wrenches, a 2″ OD washer (available at a hardware store), the PopnLock Hubguard and hub with the Pop-n-Lock groove (Eastern Bikes or Ezra Convertible Freecoaster).
2. Remove Rear Wheel from your bike and remove the axle nut from the non-drive side of the hub.
3. On the Drive side tighten the lock nut to the axle nut with the wrenches. Then, with one wrench on the locknut that you just tightened, loosen the non-drive side lock nut.
4. Remove lock nut
5. Put Pop n Lock guard on Hub Place the washer over the hub guard, holding it on while you get the axle nut that belongs on this side.
6. Hand tighten the axle nut to the washer and guard then take your wrenches and tighten the nut so that the guard pops onto the hub firmly. You will feel it give some as it “locks” onto the hub. Be careful not to over-tighten.
7. Tighten the locknut back onto the axle and use your wrench to snug it up to the bearing.
8. Put your wheel back on. Your hub is nice and protected now. Installing the Pop-N-Lock is just that easy!